A couple things I learned this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned a history lesson. The Missouri compromise had nothing to do with their admission to the Union,
its the way the woodman conducts business with Mo. From the seeing is believing State of Missouri.

i've learn that some of the longest treads on this post are usually nothing to do with wood burning

BUT, are very good:)

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks gang. I read this thread and laughed hard for the first time all day, I needed that. I'm with Mo's post, and will add:
If ya' buy the pre-pregenated cord selkirk L vent and you want to take it apart because you're neurotic about clearances, don't glue it. Sawzall time. Women get used to 73-75 degree temps, and if it's that hot, they don't tend to fiddle with the t-stat as much (even if it has been disconnected). My lovely wife has not increased the drop rate of clothing thus far as some have stated, but the basement is now a 'safe' place with the 4yr olds running around upstairs (if ya get what I mean). If you and your neighbor bought stoves and pellets at the same time last fall, and he didn't install his stove and you did, it's ok to steal pellets out of his mother-in-laws garage across the street as long as he in at work and grandma is sleeping. Thanks Mark. Cheers all, bee warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.