A day late, a hickory short

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
My wife calls me yesterday and tells me someone down the street and around the corner is having a tree taken down. I didn't think much of it as I wasn't hearing much sawing going on and when I went out to check, didn't see anything. Left for work this morning and was running late but I turn the corner and here is the biggest arborist truck I have ever seen. It's killing me not to stop but I can't be late to work.

Come home at lunch and stop, see they've gotten down to dismantling the trunk and I start salivating as I realize it is a hickory. Talk to the owner but somebody else had already beaten me to it and in fact, they pull up with 2 trucks and a big a** trailer as I'm standing there.

Man, losing out on a scrounge always hurts but a big hickory 5 houses away is a killer.

Wendell, you are going to have to start getting up earlier in the morning so you can take time to stop at times like this. lol Too bad you lost out on that one, especially with it being so close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.