A day with the Christmas gifts!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mxjamie540

Nov 10, 2009
southern illinois
well, on Christmas Eve.... my father asked me to go to the garage to retreive my mother's gift. When I opened the overhead there was a brand new splitter sitting there with a big red bow on it. My parents have really really really been too generous to me for Christmas!!!!!

Don't think this type of thing happens every year...... I usually get about $100 cash for Christmas. My parents are not wealthy, but explained to me that their small long haul transportation business did well last year and they for once had the means to be extravagant. There were many years in my house when Christmas was a worrisome time for my parents because of money. We were poor for most of my childhood.

The thing about it is though, one Christmas morning there was really nothing under the tree...... so my father went to the gun cabinet and passed me and my brother our most favorite guns that belonged to my father, that was about 20 years ago now and my rifle sits snugly in my safe.... as it is my most prized firearm. I dearly love my parents and they are the most selfless people I know, espescially when it comes to family.

Anywhoo..... back to the splitter. It is a 6.5 horse Honda clone that runs like a CHAMP and 4.5 inch cylinder. It is not the fastest I have used, but is has split some knarly elm and everything else that it has so far came across in my pile. I think it is very good quality for the price they paid for it.

My little boy got his first gun also..... the classic Red Ryder!

so far nobody has shot thier eye out :)

Attachments

• IMG_4954.jpg
    IMG_4954.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_4957.jpg
    IMG_4957.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_4949.jpg
    IMG_4949.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_4959-1.jpg
    IMG_4959-1.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 351
Excellent Post and Pics.

Thanks for posting!

Those two boys smile say it all. :)

Stay Warm!

jp

Thats as sweet as it gets.......

Very nice indeed! I also like the wood wall to keep the (wanting to borrow new splitter) neighbors away!

Bubbavh said:
Very nice indeed! I also like the wood wall to keep the (wanting to borrow new splitter) neighbors away!

yeah my wife has been teasing me that before I am finished..... the whole perimeter of our fence will be stacked... AKA and be a FORT!

none of my neighbors burn wood... except mine to the rear, and he just burns very occasionally. I think he has had the same face cord for the 5+ years that I have lived next to him. He does have a 372XP though!!

You gotta have the toys...I am down to 2 stihl 29s farm bosses and a splitter...oh, and 3 simplicity tractors...I just tell my wife..."look at what we are saving!" :cheese:

I'm betting that is one of the nicest Christmas presents you've ever received. Congratulations to you and may that splitter last you a long, long time. Happy splitting to you!

Santa was good to the boys there. Enjoy the splitter, now you may just need to get more wood to keep the splitter busy.
Your son looks just like mine did last year with his red ryder.

Status
Not open for further replies.