A December to remember

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very strange December . . . temps close to zero one week, a good dumping of snow a few days later . . . . and then rain and temps in the low 50s . . . followed by a return to winter with temps in the teens and a bit of snow. My only issue now is that the dirt road I use to get to work thawed out, turned to mud and now has some deep, frozen ruts in it that I suspect will be there until they fill up with hard snow.

BB and I have been saying that for years. And the fact is, winter won't officially start for 4 more days. I'm not looking forward to January unless it has Hawaii in the picture.

It's been 15 - 20* below average here in central IN almost every day in December. We've had some sub-zero mornings and many in the single digits. We usually don't see this kind of cold for this long in Jan or Feb.

I've been blowing through wood at a much faster pace than I'd like. I'll be at 2 cord burned by the end of the month...maybe a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.