a few guesstions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

verne

Nov 23, 2007
highland ny
I have a eko 40 with 1000 gal tank . It has been working great. for the last few firing's i have had to bleed air each time for the pump at the eko to run. this morning i woke to a cool house with no hot water. the tank in the garage reads 165. the pump in the house that draws from storage was running but cold so I isolated it to check for air lock ,some air came out but in the mean time I spilt water on my relay to the oil burner , now trhe pumps come on for the zones but the burner will not?

What is your system pressure? Could be an air leak near the high point. You'd want to make sure you always have positive pressure at all points in the system. Vent valves can leak under vacuum but be fine under pressure.

Another possibility is a failed expansion tank bladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.