A few months away!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
In just a few months the wild leeks will be up, the woods will smell like leeks, can't wait for some wild leek picking.

Attachments

• 100_0700.JPG
    100_0700.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_0701.JPG
    100_0701.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_0703.JPG
    100_0703.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 176
I'm ready too zap.

In just a few months the wild leeks will be up, the woods will smell like leeks, can't wait for some wild leek picking.
Like the picks showing your fuel, meat and veggies....

I wonder how the leeks would be in a quiche for breakfast? Spring can't get here soon enough. We have a few flocks of bluebirds at work scouting out the territory, so it's time to clean the nesting box out.

My wife makes a potatoe/scallion/cheese soup that is pretty tasty as well ZAP. You must have to catch those leaks at the right time. ?

Reactions: zap
My wife makes a potatoe/scallion/cheese soup that is pretty tasty as well ZAP. You must have to catch those leaks at the right time. ?
Except for pictures I never kept track, I think that pic was taken May 21, not much longer for picking after that date. I think you can still dig them once they lose the greens if you have a general idea where they were growing.

Just a few more pics. My father will be first on the list for some leeks then the regulars.

Attachments

• 100_0603.JPG
    100_0603.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_0607.JPG
    100_0607.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_0608.JPG
    100_0608.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: milleo
I wish I had taken picks of the quick snow storm that hit us today. It snowed so hard you could not see more than a few hundred feet away. We got about an inch or so. Then, literally, ten minutes later the sun was out!

We've been harvesting real leeks out of the garden for the past month or two. They are extra good after a winter's frost.

Status
Not open for further replies.