A few more pizza pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingpol

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2010
Merrimack Valley, MA
Beautiful warm night up here. A hot oven and a few cold ones to top it off. Neighbors joined us for dinner. We sent them home with a plateful of leftovers.

Firing...

DSC01711.JPG

Up probably over 800. Pegged thermometer. I learned to only feed so much at a time. I used wrist sized 8" long oak and maple. Raging secondaries.

DSC01707.JPG

First one in the line up was a regular cheese.

DSC01715.JPG

Black Olive.

DSC01717.JPG

Chicago deep dish. Sausage and sauteed mushrooms.

DSC01720.JPG

Deep dish barbecue chicken,carmelized onions, mozzeralla and goat cheese. This could have used a few more minutes on the crust. The oven was cooling with the coals raked out and taking longer to cook.

DSC01721.JPG

Dammit FP! Now I got slobber all over the keyboard. I can almost smell that pizza!

Reactions: PapaDave
I will say, I am pizzaed out for a few weeks. I'll try something different next time maybe quesadillas or baked stuffed shells. Something along the lines of hot, meaty and cheesy.

Reactions: Jags and ScotO
I grilled some pizza yesterday and it was good, but didn't look anywhere near as good as that.

I wonder if you could turn the temp way down and toss a pork shoulder, brisket, or bird in there?

The oven is almost like a regular kitchen oven. Fire it hard for an hour or so, remove the coals. The temp will gradually lower over a few hours. Put the food in at the temp you need it to cook at. Roasts, lasagna, yeah chicken. I'm going to try other meals in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.