A few P68 operational questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhhamm

Dec 16, 2009
Utah
I have got a new P68 up and running that I have a few questions about.
Every once in a while I hear a clunking sound while the auger is running is it breaking pellets or do I have a problem.
When shutting it down it continues to feed pellets for a few more miniutes is that the right way for it to work.
My flame seems to get lazy if its running at a higher setting, the stove is brand new so I don't thing its a cleaning thing. I have an OAK installed. On my old Whitfield you had to manually adjust the air into the stove, can you adjust it some how on the Harman.

Thanks
MH

The every once in awhile clunking is the auger breaking pellets. When it shuts down, it will continue to feed pellets for a time; that's normal. The lazy flame at high setting isn't normal. I need more info on lazy flame. Small or big and floppy? When you say high setting, do you mean high temperature setting? If you are running at room temp mode, and the flame is smallish when you're setting the temperature to 80 or 85, I would say maybe the room sensor is in a bad place and is reading the temperature right near the stove instead of the room itself. Try fiddling with that.

I have only run in stove temp mode so far, and not above 5 yet. I am not used to how big of a fire I can get in this stove compared to my last one, but I still think that it looks like more air is needed to be running properly. I will have to look for some pictures of how other stoves look at higher settings.

I am still using Room Temp.manual so far this year. Most of the time it runs a maint burn and not much flame. Try maxing the temp for 20 minutes or so and see what you get. Your stove will produce a huge flame if set up properly for air and exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.