1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

A few pictures from the trip

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    IMG_00001.JPG IMG_00004.JPG IMG_00008.JPG IMG_00012.JPG IMG_0017.JPG IMG_00028(1).JPG IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0052.JPG
    Jags, ScotO, DexterDay and 3 others like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    IMG_0054 - Copy.JPG IMG_0058 - Copy.JPG IMG_0060 - Copy.JPG IMG_0063.JPG IMG_00066.JPG IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0081.JPG IMG_00098.JPG IMG_00136.JPG IMG_00143.JPG
    ScotO, DexterDay, save$ and 2 others like this.
  3. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Great pics Dennis. Keep 'em coming!
    Where's that pier?
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I agree with PapaDave.. Very Nice. Looks like an awesome time.

Thats quite a trip ;)
  5. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Interesting pics for sure. Looks like way too much excercise for me. :p
    Eatonpcat likes this.
  6. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    recumbent bike is really interesting looking, great pics.......................
  7. iskiatomic

iskiatomic Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    Nice job Dennis. I noticed some very $$$$$$$$$$$ bikes in those pics. Everyone has there passion. Some great pics.

KC
  8. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Yes, there are some dollars there. I have the same bike but different wheels and a few components so mine was a bit less expensive. One of the guys has q-rings, which is something I've been considering As for the wheels, most of those are $1000 wheels so they are just for racing. The disk wheel helps a lot but we had to remove them in Kansas with the terrible cross wind.

It was a good trip. There were both highs and lows. We did not reach our goal but still crossed the country (3,000 miles) in less than a week. I was very tired when I got home.
    ScotO likes this.
  9. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Great pics & a great experience.
    Rest up for next year :)
  10. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Dennis I am impressed. I did a lot of mountain bike racing back in the mid '90's, and in the late 90's til around 2002 I did a lot of road cycling and some road racing so I know what kind of work goes into cycling. I still have my Bianchi Campione D'italia road bike, however the Serotta CTI titanium I raced on (all $4,200.00 worth) I just could not justify holding onto, so I sold it. I want to get back into it someday, not the racing but the hardcore riding. Great pics, looks like you had some good weather and a great time...
  11. Backwoods Savage

Loc:
    Michigan
    Bogydave, there is not to be a next year. We are to the point where my wife needs me worse than RAAM does. I still love that race though.

Scott, I too once rode a Bianchi and really loved that bike. I simply can't ride a DF bike any longer so I gave the bike to a neighbor kid and bought a Bacchetta recumbent. Now I can really smile while riding and see so much more. In addition, I was off the bike for a month and after the first ride, no sore butt to contend with. My racing days will also be now more but long-distance is what I really like.

For the most part the weather was good with just a few bad parts. Some tricky winds in the mountains of CO and Kansas was brutal. Just a little rain in WV but not much. Other than that it was good, even with cooler than normal in the desert.
    ScotO likes this.