A few qustions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jt8769594

Jan 6, 2017
Wisconsin up north.
I have a wood master 4400 I heat my house and pole barn with it and it does a good job. I have two lines 4' down in the ground the line are foamed inside I was wondering being 4 foot down would that take BTUs away?. Also I have to empty the water take in Springtime to give more slack and make the ground under neath stronger so the patio block don't sink in the ground. So is the a way to break the crimp ring beside using a cutting wheel?.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Insulation slows heat transfer, no amount can stop the flow of hot to cold.

So the question becomes how much insulation is enough and the answer is usually $$s.

Keeping piping below the frost line will help, insulation needs to be kept dry and the piping away from any moving ground water.