A few sticks of wood--

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas boy said:
Yesterday I found a few MORE sticks of wood!! I've attached photos. All the wood in the cubes are mine. It's all hardwoods, mostly oak, but some ash and other stuff. There must be 200 or more of those cubes sitting under cover. Since they are four feet on each side, each one that's full is half a cord. The owner said they've been there since he was a kid and he's now 56! So, they've been sitting under cover drying out for a very long time. I'm planning to go up and pick up four loads Monday. That will be four cubes to the load or two cords per load.

O.K.
I know that every thing in Texas is "bigger"
But now you're just showing off ;-P

Congrats Lucky Boy

This is related because I saw it on the way back from the aforementioned wood find. Big up the photo and look in the back of the white pickup. There must have been a story here, because the procession had the normal cars for the family and was a mile long with lots of very fancy cars, so the person was NOT a poor folk. This was in Muleshoe yesterday! That's about 70 miles northwest of Lubbock.

Attachments

• IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 359
Texas boy said:
This is related because I saw it on the way back from the aforementioned wood find. Big up the photo and look in the back of the white pickup. There must have been a story here, because the procession had the normal cars for the family and was a mile long with lots of very fancy cars, so the person was NOT a poor folk. This was in Muleshoe yesterday! That's about 70 miles northwest of Lubbock.

Now that's a man who must have loved his pick up

I wanna go that way! Either that or a Viking funeral.

WOW! Just read this post for the first time. Good for you Texas boy!

Steve

Flatbedford said:
I wanna go that way! Either that or a Viking funeral.
Best laugh all week. I even laugh again when I revisit this post. :lol:

Congrats on the wood find...looks like you're set!

As for the guy in the pick-up, seems like funerals are getting more 'creative'. We had a story in the local paper not too long ago about a guy who was a lifelong Case tractor dealer. His procession was a parade of antique tractors.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/sep/02/tractors-provide-fitting-send-/

cozy heat said:
Congrats on the wood find...looks like you're set!

As for the guy in the pick-up, seems like funerals are getting more 'creative'. We had a story in the local paper not too long ago about a guy who was a lifelong Case tractor dealer. His procession was a parade of antique tractors.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/sep/02/tractors-provide-fitting-send-/

I doubt this was a case of "creative". The guy was more than likely a thrifty old farmer who had lived around here all his life and had probably told his wife a 1000 times NOT to go to expense for his funeral. He probably told her that when he died, just drag him off to the turnrow an' kick some dirt over him and that would be plenty. She probably only got him a casket because the law might require it, I don't know. But since there were no funeral home cars, I suspect the service was at his church and his church family did the buryin'. That's not unusual out here. I've seen more than one funeral that was like this. Folks out here live fairly simple lives and prefer to die that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.