A Fresh Eko 40 with 500 gal Storage Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasifer, One of the problems i have is in the living space there is 3/4 inch plywood under 3/4 inches of hardwood floor through the entire house. So i kind of have a cap on my warm cement. I bought a 2 way Air- and Slab thermostat but it would not work with my relay system for some reason. So i am hoping by controlling the slab temp tighter will help the warm temps. Cuz i know my slab cools off way before the air in the house does, causing it to work harder once a day rather then short cycles more often. And once the slab warms up it over shoots the set air temp.
Huffdog i am heating 3000 sq ft of slab on grade.

goosegunner said:
Franzen105 said:
So far very impressed with the Eko, Minus the Smoke!!!! The Empyre was great for not smoking. But i guess its better to have heat with smoke than having no heat.
is there a smoke hood build thread some where out there.

My econoburn seems to be the same way smoke wise. There is no way that I would want it in my house. I would look for a boiler with induced draft next time.

gg

Biomass has induced draft and still have smoke problems like the others if not done right.

woodsmaster said:
goosegunner said:
Franzen105 said:
So far very impressed with the Eko, Minus the Smoke!!!! The Empyre was great for not smoking. But i guess its better to have heat with smoke than having no heat.
is there a smoke hood build thread some where out there.

My econoburn seems to be the same way smoke wise. There is no way that I would want it in my house. I would look for a boiler with induced draft next time.

gg

Biomass has induced draft and still have smoke problems like the others if not done right.

I have a biomass in the basement. For the first two weeks I thought I had made a mistake because of all the smoke. But now I have learned how to operate it pretty much smoke free. Definitely a steep learning curve with any of these boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.