A good contractor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joefrompa

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2010
SE PA
Had new siding installed and finished a month ago. They are fully paid. Not great communicators, which frustrated me, but did a great job overall for a very good price. Siding, gutters, all fascia boards covered in aluminum, etc.

Anyway, Irene hit and a piece of siding came off sunday morning. I e-mailed them. This morning they showed up and fixed it, identified the problem of why it came off and did a better job attaching it.

I've also shown them that the gutters are dripping unacceptably and they are finding a way to correct the issue (i.e. sliding a thin sheet of metal flashing up under the shingles to provide a better drip cap to prevent water from getting between the gutter and fascia). Neither of us has any idea why it's happening - gutters are seamless and attached properly and shingles extend over it and have a good drip line. But it's happening enough that the mulch beds all around my house have big drip lines and holes in them from water pounding down from the gutters.

Point behind this is - contractor has been paid and is doing a real nice job following up. Such a rarity nowadays.

Here's a toast to people who stand by their work.

who was it? I live in SE PA and even though I dont have anything planned, you never know when you need a good contractor.

In the list of good contractors I submit:
Salters fire place - they put in my fireplace and the stonework. They did a great job! Maybe not the cheapest ou tthere, but competitive and a job well done.

Tony hardwood floor (exactly as it says) - they were dirt cheap, spoke little english( all asian) awesome floor, super price!

In this economy, good service is paramount. A contractor can drop off the face of the earth if bad words get out there about his work and crew. It is nice to see they are working on making things right.

American Home Remodeling Services (AHRS). Family owned & run place near west chester. They do alot of siding, but also windows, roofs, additions, basement finishing, stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.