A good days worth of splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newstove

Mar 25, 2009
Central MA
So, I'm out cutting up my latest grapple load of wood, and my neighbor comes over and offers to let me use his log splitter. In fact, he even offers to help. Since I haven't bought my splitter yet, I said sure.

He helped me this morning from about 10:30-12:30 or so, and then let me keep the splitter and me and my brother-in-law worked for another 4 hours or so. Total time put in was about 6-6.5 hours, 2 people working that whole time...

We got quite a bit done. The first picture is what the pile looked like about 2 weeks ago before I started cutting it up. The second picture is what we split today - note that none of the wood was split previous to this morning.

And now it's pizza time!

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 735
Nice days work. I'll be cutting some in Oct to make more room for seasoning wood and renting a splitter for sure!

Good work! Looks like an honest days worth of work. Pictures are always tough(hard to judge depth of the pile) but I'm gonna say 3 cords give or take a bit. :)

I'm betting you are tired but feel great! There is something about working like that which makes a man feel good.

Nothing like a nice wood pile to give you that feeling of a job well done .... and maybe a few sore muscles the next day to remind you.

north of 60 said:
Nice work. Sooo watcha gonna get for your fine neighbor?

+1 How about some of that pizza and some beer to go with it!!!

Perfect weather for prosessing wood.......pizza sounds good

Now there is a gentleman and a scholar indeed.

Sounds like the deal I have with a buddy (also a landscaper, slow in the fall/winter) Every day he helps me cut & split we fill to the rail his toyota pickup with wood. Hes got a smaller stove and house so it suits his needs fine.

newstove said:
So, I'm out cutting up my latest grapple load of wood, and my neighbor comes over and offers to let me use his log splitter. In fact, he even offers to help. Since I haven't bought my splitter yet, I said sure.

He helped me this morning from about 10:30-12:30 or so, and then let me keep the splitter and me and my brother-in-law worked for another 4 hours or so. Total time put in was about 6-6.5 hours, 2 people working that whole time...

We got quite a bit done. The first picture is what the pile looked like about 2 weeks ago before I started cutting it up. The second picture is what we split today - note that none of the wood was split previous to this morning.

And now it's pizza time!

looks Great

Status
Not open for further replies.