A good pellet flame.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
............even on low (#1) my P38 has a tinge of blue coming off the pellets before it turns yellow. The glass stays clean for days (except small ashen mark on side)
I checked the stove vent channel yesterday and saw no evidence of ash build up anywhere . That`s after nearly 25 bags . Other than an occasional scraping (every two-3 days) this stove is burning exceptionally clean and well beyond my expectations .
I attribute that to proper combustion air , good pellets , and a good flue system.
Anyone else see that tell tale blue tinged flame under the yellow?

I have an Advance and my stove burns with similar flame as you describe. To my knowledge this is what you want, somewhat of a torch flame look. My stove glass stays very clean for days as well. You don't want too much of a torch effect though. If it is burning too furious, you may be burning up the pellets faster than needed. Does your pellet consumption seem ideal to you? It sounds as though all is burning well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.