A good Wood day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Wood

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2008
Dutchess Cty, NY
I started yesterday with the chore of cleaning my chimney and trimming back some tree branches that had grown over my roof. I'm getting the point in life where I'm not thrilled to be up on the roof but I sucked it up. I was able to get the branches trimmed back and then cleaned the chimney. When I took the cap off I was happy to find there wasnt much build up at all. I have a straight shot, about 24'. Using the rod and brush kit I did the chore. Everything back together and off the roof w/o killing myself! I ended up with about a coffee cans worth off fine brown. Cleaned everything up and sat down to watch a little football.
Phone rings... a guy from Freecycle who had posted that he had a small pile of firewood he wanted to get rid of a couple weeks ago. I had replied but someone beat me to it. Turns out the guy who responded first never showed up. The poster wanted the wood gone. "I'll be there in 20 min" .... Pull into the guys driveway and find a well seasoned, dry, no punky wood, mixed hardwood pile. I have a F150 Supercrew (shorter bed) - If I load it up efficiently I can get about 1/3 cord in there. And that is exactly what I got out it - a full load, taking every split he had. The guy was thrilled to have it gone and happy to hear I would be using it to heat the house. Win - Win!
Yes, a good Wood day!

Some days are lucky days! Good for you.

That is indeed a good wood day!

Shawn

I wonder if they have freecycle in my neck of the woods.....

Great job on your chimney cleaning and a truckbed full scrounge!

I'm with you, I don't like being on the roof.

basswidow said:
I wonder if they have freecycle in my neck of the woods.....

They do... the Mrs. & my coworkers use it all the time.

"Good wood finds a good home." :)
I love happy endings
Good job!

That is a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.