A good wood score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziprich

Sep 19, 2011
Western Md (Hagerstown)
Well i got a call from one of the 10 local tree comps that i have been calling. Pretty good score.

RC 087 (685x1024).jpgRC 088 (1024x685).jpgRC 089 (1024x685).jpgRC 090 (1024x685).jpgRC 111 (685x1024).jpgRC 115 (1024x685).jpgRC 118 (1024x685).jpgRC 087 (685x1024).jpg

At first i got nervous, thought it might be to much for me. But i just started working at it before and after work and now im almost done. I learned tons about chainsaw handling.

Reactions: zap
Be careful, you might start having fun doing this stuff, then become a addict.

Looks like some nice clean wood. ( cherry, oak & locust? )
Real nice score.
Of course , Now we need pictures of it split & stacked :)

Reactions: Locust Post
I see a big Black Walnut, a picture of some big Black Cherry rounds, part of a Hackberry, and one branch that looks like Mulberry. All are solid, mid-class hardwoods except the mulberry which is better than average. I won't guess how much because it would take some effort to figure out which pictures show the same wood from different angles.

nice score!

Be careful, you might start having fun doing this stuff, then become a addict.

Looks like some nice clean wood. ( cherry, oak & locust? )
Real nice score.
Of course , Now we need pictures of it split & stacked :)

I'll second that motion. Split,split,split,stack,stack,stack.......PICTURES

I see a big Black Walnut, a picture of some big Black Cherry rounds, part of a Hackberry, and one branch that looks like Mulberry. All are solid, mid-class hardwoods except the mulberry which is better than average. I won't guess how much because it would take some effort to figure out which pictures show the same wood from different angles.
I'll second your ID's! Nice job. How is hackberry to split by maul? We have a ton around here and I'd like to score some it it splits fairly easily.

You made some neat rounds there.

Even neather when they're split and stacked........
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.