A happy Thanksgiving to all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andybaker

Feeling the Heat
Oct 31, 2008
Northwest OH
May everyone have a memorable time today with your loved ones. Eat much, watch some football, give the wood gathering a break ;-P and don't forget to thank the wife for all she has done to make this happen. I love this holiday. It's like the calm before the storm for me. Only thing missing - it's too warm for a fire today. Maybe tonight. :) Happy Thanksgiving All!!!!!

Split wood all morning and stuffed stomachs all afternoon... what a great day! Happy TDay everyone!

Hope everyone had a great day. Much to be thankful for!

And a happy Thanksgiving to all of you as well. This kind of thread is exactly why we created the Inglenook forum, so I'll go ahead and move it over there. Rick

Hope all had a good turkey day-we went to my mom's this year. I actually relish the challenge of preparing the big feast but we'll need a bigger house before that happens! This year was memorable for a few reasons. It was my daughter's first:

Turkey.jpg

We also had her baptism right after Thanksgiving mass-just a small thing with the family. This Thanksgiving was also my brother's last with us, at least for a while. He leaves for Navy boot camp at Great Lakes, Illinois in March and then the real work starts. He has a five year contract and is going to try to become a SEAL and will be heading off to Coronado Island in California. Now it's time for a little morning quiet-mom and baby are asleep, the dog is on the couch beside me, and there's a nice fire going in the furnace. Life is good.

Badfish, sounds like a perfect holiday, congrats

We had some of the crew over for dinner.
Webwidow and I at the far end.
To our left are one daughter and one son
To our right is son in law, granddaughter, daughter...and my bro (his GF sits across from him).

I was lucky to get all at one time - what with the baby always wanting to walk elsewhere, etc.
The remote control for the camera came in handy....

Attachments

• thanks2011.jpg
    thanks2011.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 144
Well, I never did get a picture of the the thanksgiving table, but here are 2 of the family dogs that seem to have their full attention on thanksgiving dinner cooking ;-P Sons and daughters, a little wine, in the kitchen......wish I could pass along the smells and the warm feelings. This was a special Thanksgiving for me!!! Most of you know why. :)

Attachments

• Thanksgiving cooking 2.jpg
    Thanksgiving cooking 2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.