A kind neighbor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

I have a new neighbor who is moving in 2 weeks from now, whom stopped by yesterday while I was splitting some red oak (first picture).

He said he had an insert at his old place, and he has a week until closing, so if I wanted the 1 1/2 year old 3 cords of css mixed hardwoods I could have them. (The new place doesn't have a stove)

I said sure, and in return I'll plow your driveway for life! I called a good buddy and offered him 1/2 the wood in exchange for his help, and he gladly agreed. The last 3 pictures are after I loaded my F250 to the gills and the pile outside my wood shed.

My soon to be new neighbor also showed me a few ash and maple trees I can buck up, so long as its done within the week. That means, Zap, I need a wood cutting weather report!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375839978677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375839978677.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 168
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375839991080.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375839991080.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 172
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375840000262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375840000262.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 174
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375840007756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375840007756.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 198
Can't beat that.

Good on you for offering up the snow service.

Nothing better than being fortunate enough to have good relations with the neighbors.

Can't beat that.

Good on you for offering up the snow service.

Nothing better than being fortunate enough to have good relations with the neighbors.

He is a very kind fellow. It will be a pleasure to have him as a neighbor. We are a tight bunch back here, always looking out for one another.

That stuff looks like it's in great condition. I guess he knows what he's doing. I have neighbors that supply me with wood but I usually have to take it down, split and stack it. ==c But one told me and maflake to come and grab some of the Poplar he's got stacked; He's afraid it will rot before he uses it, since he's also got a bunch of dry Oak. Wife may want it out of there too, I don't know. I may get some to try out. I might split a bunch of it down for him so he's got plenty of starter wood.

I have a new neighbor who is moving in 2 weeks from now, whom stopped by yesterday while I was splitting some red oak (first picture).

He said he had an insert at his old place, and he has a week until closing, so if I wanted the 1 1/2 year old 3 cords of css mixed hardwoods I could have them. (The new place doesn't have a stove)

I said sure, and in return I'll plow your driveway for life! I called a good buddy and offered him 1/2 the wood in exchange for his help, and he gladly agreed. The last 3 pictures are after I loaded my F250 to the gills and the pile outside my wood shed.

My soon to be new neighbor also showed me a few ash and maple trees I can buck up, so long as its done within the week. That means, Zap, I need a wood cutting weather report!
I just found this post, just a guess but I think it will be a wet week.!!! Free seasoned wood, can't beat that.

Zap, nice new avatar pic.

Reactions: zap
I just found this post, just a guess but I think it will be a wet week.!!! Free seasoned wood, can't beat that.
The big push starts that weekend or even during the week. The trails need to be nice & clean for the winter, when to Hardwick Vt last Saturday so we could pick some used new to us toys up for the winter.

Won't be much cutting going on once we get enough snow. S.O. already put his order in for a two foot snow storm in November.

Once that Saharan Dust clears out, things could get nasty for us who live on the east coast, so get your wood cut.

Looks like you could get swamped this weekend, you might want some floatation devices for your stacks.

Reactions: WellSeasoned
Good karma all the away around there, WS! LOVE those sideboards on the truck! I gotta make a set of those for my truck too.

Great score.
A "Ready to burn wood" scrounge is Golden :)

Good trade. Does it snow in Eastern PA ? LOL :)

Zap- added to the flotation, I'll add an outboard and float everything to my house.

Scokill- Those sides come in real handy. After some figuring, its pretty easy to put together.

Dave- I work hard as we all do, so sometimes a score like that is good karma. Snow.... This year will be bad. Unlike the last 3

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Kind neighbors are the best kind. ==c

S.O. already put his order in for a two foot snow storm in November.
I was taken aback for a moment until I realized you were talking about Scotty. ;lol

Zap- added to the flotation, I'll add an outboard and float everything to my house.

Scokill- Those sides come in real handy. After some figuring, its pretty easy to put together.

Dave- I work hard as we all do, so sometimes a score like that is good karma. Snow.... This year will be bad. Unlike the last 3
We're in the red zone concerning the weather today, watches & warnings starting to pop up in western new york.

The bass pros are having a nice day for fishing, it's the first time for the Elite Series fishing on the St.Lawrence, I heard in the pre fish they were catching some good size bass.

It's being held out of Waddington NY.

http://www.bassmaster.com/blogs/2013-st-lawrence-river-live-blog/9-ways-follow-st-lawrence-action

Now that's a good neighbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.