A little bit of cutting fun today.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Final body count after a day of cutting: 4 pines, 3 standing dead maples, one fallen birch, lots of good times.....

Attachments

• IMG01519-20110514-1311.jpg
    IMG01519-20110514-1311.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG01521-20110514-1311.jpg
    IMG01521-20110514-1311.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG01526-20110514-1528.jpg
    IMG01526-20110514-1528.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 408
Remkel said:
Final body count after a day of cutting: 4 pines, 3 standing dead maples, one fallen birch, lots of good times.....

Remkel looks like you had a good day cutting, rained pretty good up this way so I pulled out of the woods so how was the weather your way.

zap

zapny said:
Remkel said:

Remkel looks like you had a good day cutting, rained pretty good up this way so I pulled out of the woods so how was the weather your way.

zap

Weather was good today- overcast and fairly cool so the cutting wasn't too bad, but it is raining now. Was mostly cutting to help a neighbor take down some timber around his barn- a lot of punk in the standing dead, but still managed to get the one truckload of useable wood. Another neighbor across the street has some dead pines she would like me to take down, so I will be there in a couple of weeks. Always available to help the neighbors.

My MS 310 taking a well deserved rest today....unfortunately the idiot using her (me) hit a stone and now need to bring the chain to the local shop to have it ground back into shape- hate it when I do that!

Attachments

• IMG01527-20110514-1528.jpg
    IMG01527-20110514-1528.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 401
And here I thought stones were used to sharpen saws. :lol:

By the looks of the weather pattern your saw might get a long rest.

Rain here off & on again today. Just over 2 1/4" so far since late Wednesday night.Managed to get barely 3 wheelbarrow loads worth of Hickory on Friday morning before getting completely soaked,much less than the 1 p/up load I was planning on.Spent more time carrying armloads 50 ft up the bank to my truck & piling up the brush than the actual felling/bucking.At least I have more wood for the smoker,gonna give my cousin a bit of it also.Forecast looks good for rest of week,finally sunny & dry on Monday with temps 65-75 until Saturday.

Well, Thistle, think you have sent all that rain my way- from what I hear we are going to be wet all week. Perhaps i should have cut my lawn yesterday instead of playing with my saw? Aw, heck no, mowing just is not as much fun....

And its a cold rain too.Temps 45-50 with 30MPH NW gusts,just chills you to the bone.Weather like this bothers me more than being outside 9-10 hrs in zero temps with blowing snow.

Nice work Remi - when is the F600 arriving? Cheers, Jacques

Got the quote for the install today- 200 delivery charge, 214 install charge....almost tore the guys head off through the phone, but I sure as heck am not going to pick it up. Should be here any day now. You will see pics once it gets here, that is for certain.

Backwoods Savage said:
And here I thought stones were used to sharpen saws. :lol:

By the looks of the weather pattern your saw might get a long rest.

lol, Missippissi already in big trouble. Enough..I Give.

Status
Not open for further replies.