A little cardio workout this morning.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotty Overkill said:
Nice pics yet again, Quads......nice to see yer out there relieving some of that stress and it's really good for ya! And BTW, you don't no stinking Fiskars.....lol......
Thanks! HA!

toonces said:
sounds like the life!

Yep, it's a good life, until the bills come due... then it prtty much sucks... :-S

Quads, glad to see that you seem to be in good spirits. Praise the Lord.
Love the pictures. You gotta be in great shape, it would take me a weekend to split that much by hand.
I went downhill skiing with my boys yesterday for about 10 hours and I can hardly move today.
Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming. Thanks Quads.

I think you mentioned it once before, but I cannot remember . . . how old are you?

firefighterjake said:
I think you mentioned it once before, but I cannot remember . . . how old are you?
I don't like to think about how old I am, but I am 'retired'! HAHA!

Just seeing your pics Quad made me hope that I'm able to do half of what you do when I "retire" . . . also made me think of a friend's father who would get a twitch load of wood out every day at the age of 75.

firefighterjake said:

quads is older than the hills. I'm older than dirt.

Backwoods Savage said:
firefighterjake said:

quads is older than the hills. I'm older than dirt.
HAHA! Precisely!

PapaDave said:
Oh great Jake, now we'll have another term to debate. "Twitch load". :lol:

Hehheh . . . is this term not known by others?

Up here a twitch or twitch load is simply used to describe the wood being brought out by the skidder in the one trip into the woods. It isn't an accurate measurement like a cord of wood . . . i.e. Bobby had a wicked good day in the woods as he had five twitches before dinnah.)

Status
Not open for further replies.