A little help tuning for Softwoods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skrypj

Jul 19, 2013
Massachusetts
I had burnt 2 tons of Lignetics Green Labels. They were good and did not seem to leave much hard build up in my burn pot, usaully there would be a little bit after 7 days. They did seem to put off a decent amount of ash.

Now I have 2 tons of Lacrete Softwoods. I bought them after reading many good reviews(they burn hot, low ash, etc). I have found that they seem to burn the same or maybe even a little cooler, have as much ash and a lot more creosote. I am wondering if I am just not burning them as effiiently as I could be.

Does anyone have any advice on how to adjust the stove when moving from hard to soft wood pellets?

Thanks!

I had burnt 2 tons of Lignetics Green Labels. They were good and did not seem to leave much hard build up in my burn pot, usaully there would be a little bit after 7 days. They did seem to put off a decent amount of ash.

Now I have 2 tons of Lacrete Softwoods. I bought them after reading many good reviews(they burn hot, low ash, etc). I have found that they seem to burn the same or maybe even a little cooler, have as much ash and a lot more creosote. I am wondering if I am just not burning them as effiiently as I could be.

Does anyone have any advice on how to adjust the stove when moving from hard to soft wood pellets?

Thanks!

Perhaps a bit more air will clean up that burn for you.

Reactions: SwineFlue
Good luck, I never did find the right combination in my stove to burn softwoods!

More Air man, Tweak it up slowly I would to find good burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.