a little spillage....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Feeling the Heat
Overfilled the old steamer pot on the stove last night. After the stove cooled down, I have a white residue left on the stovetop. I figure its minerals from the water. Tried to clean it off, with just a damp rag and some warm water. I cant get it off. Any ideas? I know I can repaint in the spring, but it just looks like crap now. Thanx once again.

Maybe try some of that CLR stuff... to neutralize the minerals?

I'd try just some plain old vinegar & a rag--with a cool stove of course.
I have coffee/espresso equipment that I de-scale regularly with plain old vinegar.

Done that big time last year. I have major league hard water, so it left nasty stuff all over the top and down the side. Of course, on my ugly old basement stove I just left it on. Gave it character.

Use distilled vinegar or you'll be leaving traces of other goo from the wine or apples or whatever. Stick it in the microwave to get it nice and hot. Cold vinegar takes forever to work on hardened scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.