1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

A load for me

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by jeff_t, Feb 5, 2013.

1. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    My nephew came out to the honey hole and we loaded up my trailer and his pickup with standing dead ash that they can burn next winter. I was all ready to get another, but he wanted to bail. Sooo, I went and cut myself a load for a few years down the road.

White oak and hard maple, seasoned with a bit of ironwood.

2013-02-05_16-00-00_613.jpg
    Backwoods Savage and PapaDave like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Love that White. Sugar and I-wood too? Nice load! :)
    I've got a couple Whites to get. One is a big trunk but it got a lot of sun, so lots of limbs. <> I'll do it for the White. Another is right next door, a clean trunk that been lying there, off the ground, for seven years at least. I think that one will smell really sweet. I don't know if I can get the third one yet. Saw it a couple miles away from the house but haven't yet contacted the farmer...
    jeff_t likes this.
  3. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    There is just one other guy cutting this place. It will be cleared in the next few years, so we have the green light to cut whatever we want to. Dead ash trees everywhere, standing and down. The stuff on the ground is pretty rotten, and it is getting hard to move. They'll get a dozer and front end loader with a grapple in there soon and straighten it up so we can get around. Good people. We're saving them some work, plus they want to see the wood get used instead of piled up and burned.
    Backwoods Savage and PapaDave like this.
  4. TimJ

TimJ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast Indiana
    I was going to say............alot laying on the ground
    good job