A load for me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_t

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2008
SE MI
My nephew came out to the honey hole and we loaded up my trailer and his pickup with standing dead ash that they can burn next winter. I was all ready to get another, but he wanted to bail. Sooo, I went and cut myself a load for a few years down the road.

White oak and hard maple, seasoned with a bit of ironwood.

2013-02-05_16-00-00_613.jpg

Love that White. Sugar and I-wood too? Nice load! :)
I've got a couple Whites to get. One is a big trunk but it got a lot of sun, so lots of limbs. <> I'll do it for the White. Another is right next door, a clean trunk that been lying there, off the ground, for seven years at least. I think that one will smell really sweet. I don't know if I can get the third one yet. Saw it a couple miles away from the house but haven't yet contacted the farmer...

Reactions: jeff_t
There is just one other guy cutting this place. It will be cleared in the next few years, so we have the green light to cut whatever we want to. Dead ash trees everywhere, standing and down. The stuff on the ground is pretty rotten, and it is getting hard to move. They'll get a dozer and front end loader with a grapple in there soon and straighten it up so we can get around. Good people. We're saving them some work, plus they want to see the wood get used instead of piled up and burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.