A Manometer and my 55-TRPEP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Bommer

Dec 19, 2012
Kewaskum, Wi.
As many of you have tried to help me get my stove dialed in, I have been thinking that I need to get something that will give me a number telling me how well my stove is performing. So after reading tons of post here I have decided to spend a little money and buy something that will measure my airflow(kind of).
So right now I am looking at a :
1. Pyle Digital Manometer(About $58.00)
Spec: +/- 55 inches of H2O and a resolution of 0.01
http://www.amazon.com/Meters-PDMM01...qid=1360206566&sr=8-1&keywords=pyle+manometer
2. Dwyer Magnehelic 2001D(18.00 Ebay)
Spec: 0 to 1 W.C.

So please tell if I am wrong, but I should be able to use a gauge and measure the vacuum at the OAK. If my stove is clean, gasket are good, and my stove pipe is properly install and also clean the gauge should give me a reading verifying that all is well, but if there are any issues with any of these item I should expect to see a lower then expected vacuum number. Correct.

So I am looking for what I should be reading on the gauge when:
1. Diagnostic mode(Combustion motor is commanded on though the pannel, no heat)
2. Low heat(1)
3. Medium Heat(4)
4. High heat(9)

I am assuming all these value will change since the combustion motor should increase its speed as the heat range goes higher.

But if I am wrong or this is a bad idea please let me know. I am just hoping as I change things I can look at the gauge and see if what I am doing is making a difference.

Thanks

Paging Mike Holton....

If anyone would know, it's this man.

The only stove that's talked about on here (a Lot) is the M-55. It supposed to have the damper set at .17 inches after burning on High for 1 hr. this stove is COMPLETELY Different. But that is the only model I know off the top of my head. I know my Quad has much more than that. And have often wondered what my Fahrenheit is after my upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.