1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

A math question for you....

Post in 'The Gear' started by michaelthomas, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelthomas

michaelthomas New Member

I just bought a new 8 hp b&s intek I/C engine for my splitter. My hydraulic pump is an old 19 gpm single vane pump by vickers. It is belt driven from the engine. The documentation for the pump states that 1600-1700 rpm is maximum operating speed for this pump. It has a 5 1/8" pully attached to it. My new engine will spin at 3600 rpm. What size pully do I need to gear down the operating speed for the pump? Will excessive speeds be detrimental to the pump over the long or short term? My last engine was an old wisconsin that chugged along at a slower pace so the pullys were of equal size. Thank you for your math skills.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. nshif

nshif New Member

Loc:
    Pioneer, Ca (near Lake Tahoe)
    2 1/4 on the motor @ 3600 would produce 1580 on the 5 1/8 @ the pump according to my calculator
    A 2 1/2 would would be over 1700 so a 2 3/8 would work if you can find it
  3. Sandor

Sandor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Deltaville,VA
    Man, what happened to the Wisconsin?

I rebuilt one for a guy about 15 years ago and that thing was built like a tank! Iron piston and all.
  4. michaelthomas

michaelthomas New Member

This was circa 1960s and the condenser and or the coil went and was unable to find a matching part to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.