A math question for you....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Feb 10, 2006
I just bought a new 8 hp b&s intek I/C engine for my splitter. My hydraulic pump is an old 19 gpm single vane pump by vickers. It is belt driven from the engine. The documentation for the pump states that 1600-1700 rpm is maximum operating speed for this pump. It has a 5 1/8" pully attached to it. My new engine will spin at 3600 rpm. What size pully do I need to gear down the operating speed for the pump? Will excessive speeds be detrimental to the pump over the long or short term? My last engine was an old wisconsin that chugged along at a slower pace so the pullys were of equal size. Thank you for your math skills.

2 1/4 on the motor @ 3600 would produce 1580 on the 5 1/8 @ the pump according to my calculator
A 2 1/2 would would be over 1700 so a 2 3/8 would work if you can find it

Man, what happened to the Wisconsin?

I rebuilt one for a guy about 15 years ago and that thing was built like a tank! Iron piston and all.

This was circa 1960s and the condenser and or the coil went and was unable to find a matching part to work.

Sandor said:
Man, what happened to the Wisconsin?

I rebuilt one for a guy about 15 years ago and that thing was built like a tank! Iron piston and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.