A New Years resolution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrpga498

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
New Jersey
I hope I can remember in the future NOT to have a finger in the way whilst smacking 2 splits together, either to clean snow off or hear the seasoned "click " . Last time I heard a "thud " and I know I had a finger in there some how. OUCH!!!!

My New Year's (wood) resolution is to make sure I split enough wood this year so that I don't have to buy any (bad) wood next year!

Some years ago on the sign of a building that gives loans: "My New Years resolution is to live within my means even if I have to take a loan out to do it."

Steve

adrpga498 said:
I hope I can remember in the future NOT to have a finger in the way whilst smacking 2 splits together, either to clean snow off or hear the seasoned "click " . Last time I heard a "thud " and I know I had a finger in there some how. OUCH!!!!

Well quads, it is a poor wood burner who has not smashed a finger or thumb along with having a burn or two. Ouch is right! Hope it wasn't too bad.

My New years resolution is have my wood cut and stacked for next year before the winter is over , I have half already and with the power company cut anything within 100ft of a wire I should . I have a secret stash that they cut in an area only I have access to ... :)

I long ago made a resolution never to make resolutions. That's the only resolution I've been able to keep.

IKWYM about fingers getting in the the wrong place. I usually bash a fingertip when stacking. Should have gloves with hard tips on them.

My resolution is to keep banging on those tough Ys, knotty pieces, and stump pieces until the darn things are split. I need the excercise, stress relief, and satisfaction when they split. I might try a few today - they should be solidly frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.