A note regarding Thelin customer service...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick thank you for that...I will check that next time I have it apart.
Thanks, Got a Manufacture date this AM and the owner was off by a long ways. 2001. Doubt company has much in repair parts if needed in the future:( Would the control board be analog with simple timer circuitry? No way I would be willing to pay 1K for a 14 year old stove.
Thanks, Got a Manufacture date this AM and the owner was off by a long ways. 2001. Doubt company has much in repair parts if needed in the future:( Would the control board be analog with simple timer circuitry? No way I would be willing to pay 1K for a 14 year old stove.

That stove is a 1 yr older then mine..mine is a parlour 3000, not a gnome..I am thinking there are common parts in both stoves, mine is also manual start...Circuit board is analog, and you cannot get the same board for it, The newer circuit boards will not fit the stove so they also sell you an adapter so it will plug into the wiring harness .. For me the cost is 600.00 ..... 349.00 circuit board .....adapter for 170.00 plus shipping and taxes .My circuit board went this year.I would say a 1,000.00 for a stove that old is quite high..

I took the time to take some pictures of the Plastic Auger Bushing in my thelin stove, I would think most of the stoves have this wearable part in them..
If it wears and breaks as you can see in the picture, the auger shaft will be spinning metal on metal and the inside metal hole the plastic bushing sits in will start to go out of round and get larger..If it gets this far ,you will have a problem.

An easier way to check this, instead of taking the auger out,is to run your stove dry, unplug it and reach in and see if you have any play in the auger.If you can move it up and down , then the bushing is worn and needs to be replaced..But if you are planning on taking the auger out, for the cost, i would just put a new one in ...Hope this helps..

I took the time to take some pictures of the Plastic Auger Bushing in my thelin stove, I would think most of the stoves have this wearable part in them..
If it wears and breaks as you can see in the picture, the auger shaft will be spinning metal on metal and the inside metal hole the plastic bushing sits in will start to go out of round and get larger..If it gets this far ,you will have a problem.

An easier way to check this, instead of taking the auger out,is to run your stove dry, unplug it and reach in and see if you have any play in the auger.If you can move it up and down , then the bushing is worn and needs to be replaced..But if you are planning on taking the auger out, for the cost, i would just put a new one in ...Hope this helps..

Rick, Thanks, I will order the bushing too since it will be apart and emptied anyway.

Then the fact that someone from the company told the dealer he/she was getting slammed here on the forum. Even though that did not happen. OUCH that is pitiful customer service.

....and dealer relations :(

Hello Chris sounds like he has been amazingly patient. I've worked with 3 dealerships, sold, installed and serviced many different pellet stoves. We sold a handful of Thelins- they offered a unique look, but their price was outrageous. Funny reading Matt gouging on dealers with the cost that his stoves have. For the few customers who did have Thelins, most liked them. Cleaning one wasn't too difficult, maintenance wasn't bad, but getting parts were always a nightmare. (My time for dealing with them was 2009-2012). Sorry Matt, too many better stoves for a better price being made. It is refreshing though hearing a MFR getting thrashed on here instead of a dealer taking advantage of someone, or providing no customer service as is published here often.

Stovelark, I worked for a Dealer for 18 Years so you are damn right I am going to call out some of them because they are not providing their Customers with the service from start to finish. They tend to walk away when there is a problem then throw it on our plate. Sorry bud that is a bad Dealer. My former Dealer that I worked for, we were always attentive to our customers & got the Manufacture involved only if necessary.
As far as our Stove prices go we are not the Cheapest & never claimed to be we are unique, never said we were the best but do you know the Labor involved in making that Stove & the Parts that go with it? Obviously you do not. That stove is Hand welded & can take Hours to build & can be very frustrating.
Believe me when I was an Installer I wanted nothing more than to blast a Manufacture because as a Dealer we were the ones taken all the heat.

Bio Most of the Parts are still available. I know we do not have the wiring Harness but have most of everything else.

Hey Matt don't understand most of your rant above. Since when does hand welding something mean it is better?? I think there's a reason machine welding is the preferred method used today. That's not much justification for your stoves being so high in price either. I myself seem to believe it is you who knows little about the cost per unit equation. As for building a stove being frustrating??? The only frustration I've seen so far is someone trying to get the correct parts from you guys..... from what I've read here, don't forget all of your so-called installation skills, you might need them again. Have a nice day.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Hey Stovelark you don't know anything about me or my back round and OBVIOUSLY know nothing about manufacturing. Please do not question my Installatioon experience either. I helped build my former company from the ground up. i never said hand welding makes our Stoves better I said they require more labor and time then some stove made from a machine. So please don't question my experience in this business. People are getting the right parts everyday and obviously a mistake was made. Geez

Not a chat room folks. Take it to the personal message conversation function as I suggested a long time ago.

This one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.