Some pictures of an installation we did the last week of September. These are replacing a pair of Garn 2000's on a farm near our location. If you can believe it or not, the farm owner found that keeping the Garns operating proved to be too much for his personnel to handle. To be fair, the farm itself has undergone huge changes since the Garns were installed in 2008. The owner, (my favorite farmer) said it to me this way. "Steven, when you put those Garns in I was milking 325 cows, had 9 people working here and we were farming about 600 acres of land. Now I have 1,100 cows, over 1,000 acres of land and close to 40 people including part time help. I love my Garn but we have to do something else for the farm." So.....he wanted to try a couple pellet boilers thinking that his people would not be able to screw them up. Which is probably true. The pair of 260's shown here are far less output than the pair of 2000's we took out so we reconfigured the control side of things in the barn to give priority for making 400 gallons of 170* water, 3 times per day, over the radiant floor heating system. We are going to see how this works out this winter and if needed come up with some other means to get some additional heat in the barn offices and milking parlor. I'm guessing based on his propane bills which were for hot water only, that he will probably go through about 35 tons of pellets per year so this is going to be severe duty for the Windhagers. The acid test so to speak. If they hold up here they will work anywhere for anyone. I have a hunch they will be up to the task. There is no cascade control which stages or rotates the boilers automatically. We set them up with one dialed in for 170* and the other for 175*. Since there is no communication (as yet) between the system controls in the barn and the Windhagers, they are simply maintaining the programmed setpoint. For this particular application that works OK because there is near constant heat demand from somewhere in the barn even in the summer. I've noticed that the run time per day is about 18 hours on the boiler set for 170 and about 20 hours on the one set for 175*. I have a hunch that probably half of the hours on each will turn out to be at reduced output of around 40-50% with the remaining time at 100% output. I would like to get some kind of data logger that could tie into the Windhager control to monitor firing rates and see what exactly goes on over the course of a day. We have a couple details to finish up there (the missing barometric and sealing up some holes) and will be doing monthly checks and maintenance on them so I'll be able to update on how these boilers are handling the monumental load they are connected to. Watch for updates.