A pair of Windhagers 99% complete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great way to use something that was going to be forest waste.

I have absolutely NO problem with what you did and using wood for it's energy. NONE. ZERO. NADA. What irks me is the head snapping hypocrisy of what is going on here in Canada. Companies are cutting down huge swaths of forests to make pellets and then ship them to Europe as "green" fuel These European uber hypocrites are the same people whose scream at poor natives for cutting down the rain forest.......while feeding their stoves with swaths of Canadian forests.

Take heart, as a Canuck your nation has a very long way to go before it reaches the levels of depravity that we, your neighbors to the south, enjoy on a daily basis.

Reactions: GENECOP
Take heart, as a Canuck your nation has a very long way to go before it reaches the levels of depravity that we, your neighbors to the south, enjoy on a daily basis.

I love to answer that but I had my posts deleted when I made comments about the sky falling religion and the Emperor...so I say......

You have a nice pellet boiler! LOL!

Nope. Appliances that utilize the same fuel type can be vented in a common flue. The codes have "issues" about mixing different fuels in the same flue for a few reasons.

This is for real?! Hadn't ever heard this before (actually, the opposite). So, if have a wood furnace in the basement, I can run a woodstove in the living room above it, on the same flue?

This is for real?! Hadn't ever heard this before (actually, the opposite). So, if have a wood furnace in the basement, I can run a woodstove in the living room above it, on the same flue?
Legal, but your insurance company doesn't like it.

Do your research on this in your own locality but I do not believe there are any issues with NFPA or the national code bodies.

That being said.........the critical things with multiple appliances in the same flue are of course draft and overall flue capacity. The devil himself is in the details here!!! so don't just assume it will work even if it is legal.

Reactions: Chris Hoskin
Status
Not open for further replies.