A question about slate for a wood stove hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyD

Minister of Fire
Jun 15, 2008
South Jersey
I have a Napoloen 1100c on order and I'm getting ready to build a pad to set it on. The wife and I decided on slate.

My question is has anyone ever had a problem installing a stove with legs on an uneven surface such as slate? I don't believe there is an adjustment on the feet. Would a shim such as a penny work if there was a wobble? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance, Joey.

I had the slate installer make me some slate shims out of the slate tile. She was an artist though and viewed it as a visual challenge.

Don't know about your stove, but the cast brass legs on my Liberty do have some adjustment capability. Might want to check on the Napolean, just to make sure. Rick

I don't think the legs on the Napoleon cast iron stove has adjustments so pennies and dimes are probably the answer. I cut some sheet metal shims for my Jotuls.

I have a Napoleon 1400pl and the crome legs come with threaded holes in the feet. But no bolts to put in them :-S However adjustable legs are SWEET! :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.