A Real man's chainsaw.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw...no wheels, pick the sucker up.

Reactions: scooby074
I guess Chaps would be useless:eek:

Nice, but I personally might start to get tired carrying it around my yard after about 3 hours.

Reactions: D8Chumley
I'd rather use this all day instead.....30"+ White Oak is nothing for that beast.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 216
Holy crap that thing throws a pile that looks like spaghetti! That's badarse!

Holy crap that thing throws a pile that looks like spaghetti! That's badarse!

That's called noodling. Any saw will do it when you cut the wood like Thistle is in the pictures. Your cutting with the grain instead of against it so you get the "noodles'. Dry them and they make good kindling for starting fires.

Thanks, that's 2 new things I learned today about wood. What's the reason to cut it like that? I could understand if he were making logs for building, maybe its easier than splitting those shorter pieces assuming that's just going to end up as firewood?

Thanks, that's 2 new things I learned today about wood. What's the reason to cut it like that? I could understand if he were making logs for building, maybe its easier than splitting those shorter pieces assuming that's just going to end up as firewood?

Blocks/slabs for woodturning mostly.Even on large/gnarly pieces that'll be burned eventually its much faster using a 90cc+ saw w/square chisel full skip chain than any maul,sledge/wedges or axe.Even the X27.On most woods I can get a bushel of shavings in a minute or two no problem.

Some folks jest gots too much time and too much money!;lol

Looks like he could take the rakers down some and get a bigger bite.::-)

Reactions: Ralphie Boy
Status
Not open for further replies.