A Score At Long Last!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2012
Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
DSC_0352 (1000x664) (2).jpg View attachment 81182DSC_0353 (1000x664) (2).jpg DSC_0357 (1000x716).jpg DSC_0355 (1000x627).jpg

After a long dry spell, which left me doubting my attributes in scroungehood, a score! Nothing huge but a score never the less.
Some hackberry, some silver maple, and a touch of shingle oak. The splits are some of the silver maple I've split today after unloading.
Its been so long since I’ve had a score, I’m even bragging about silver maple! Well it will knock the chill off a cool October morning next year. ==c

Attachments

• DSC_0358 (1000x727).jpg
    DSC_0358 (1000x727).jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 154
Glad you are back in the game.
Pretty nice score!

Dude, from the looks of the background in some of those pics you don't need to sweat a little drought too much. Still, it's always a good feeling to bring in some more. Perfect time of year for some scrounging too. Just got in from hauling some rounds to my processing area. Love this weather for working in.

it's a beautiful thing...

Aint nothing wrong with that. It runs in spurts at time.

Reactions: Gark
Nice score and nice work Ralph. Good to hear you got some free stuff. How much wood do you have hoarded up at your place?

Nice score and nice work Ralph. Good to hear you got some free stuff. How much wood do you have hoarded up at your place?
I'm just a few splits shy of 10 cord.;)

indeed it will

Yup, it all adds up - free heat is tough to beat! Nice looking processing area that you have there.

Status
Not open for further replies.