A summer's day of work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Rented a splitter today @ $65/24hrs. My sons and I split and stacked 3 cords of year old, soft maple rounds. Wood shed is full and I'm a bit achy but satisfied. It's a good feeling to know your winter heat is in place.

I just split 8 cords of wood and took 2 days . The temps are now around 100 + ° so i will have to wait to do the stacking . Great feeling . ( The wood not the work )HA.

The other side of the yard ( wood pile before split on the far right ) The boy waiting for the ole' man to throw the football . Half of our garden shown in the far back 75' X 75'

Attachments

• P6220262.JPG
    P6220262.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 328
Dang. A garden without deer fencing. That's a sight! Congrats on the the woodpile. 8 cords would last us a few years.

BeGreen said:
Dang. A garden without deer fencing. That's a sight! Congrats on the the woodpile. 8 cords would last us a few years.
Have not had any issue with Deer ( so far ) I also use the 30 x 30 garage as a shop so we use about 4 cords for the house and unkown amount of wood in the shop .We heat 100% with wood. I like to stay about 3/4 -1 year ahead . Last picture. garage / shop wood stove pipe. & garage / shop stove.

Attachments

• v.JPG
    v.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 302
  • vv.JPG
    vv.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 326
Nice garden; nice wood pile, Roos.

Nice home built stove Roos!

Speaking of which, I'm almost ready to ask you a few competent welding questions. Still patiently waiting for my formed and cut body pieces to come back from Fab shop. Should be this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.