A tip for Harmon users filling the hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been discussed, but I was filling my hopper & had a pellet get on the back side of the hopper door, the door did not to shut completely so the auger would not run & my fire went out.
Had the stove since 07 & this had never happened, I was about to pull the stove & start tearing it down when I just happened to notice the pellet.

That idiot switch gets discussed and now costs $$ to be able to attach hopper extender on a p43

had a similar
This may have been discussed, but I was filling my hopper & had a pellet get on the back side of the hopper door, the door did not to shut completely so the auger would not run & my fire went out.
Had the stove since 07 & this had never happened, I was about to pull the stove & start tearing it down when I just happened to notice the pellet.
had similar problem last week...
1st start of the season and after ignition, the auger stopped, lazy flame, 6 blink trouble code etc....what happened was I had noticed the rubber grommet under the hopper latch was [what I thought] loose, so I tightened it a bit too much like around 3 turns clockwise. so when I closed the hopper lid, it did not lock in tight.. the rubber grommet needs to go in the hole and exspand when you pull the latch down and I had shortened the travel downwards.
my stove was picking up a vacuum leak as it should have.
As I posted before, no matter how well u know your stove, there's always room for a self inflicted glitch....>>

Last edited:
Those "Harmons" stink. Buy a real stove---a Harman

Reactions: Tonyray
Status
Not open for further replies.