A touch of frost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLigetfa

Minister of Fire
Nov 9, 2008
NW Ontario
Woke up to 68 degrees in the house and our first frost. Gas furnace is running now. Won't be much longer and the wife will be asking for a fire. Time for me to make some kin'lin.

It's pretty nippy out there this morning but no frost. 30 degrees expected tonight. We've had several frost but this sounds like an out and out freeze.

Yeah, Weather Underground shows the over night temps hovering around the freezing mark here in Northern Detroit................ :eek:hh:

I hope this does not indicate what our Winter 2009/2010 will be like?

We had the killing frost this morning, growing season is over. 29°F Usually we get it the 1st or 2nd week of October, so a little early this year but pretty close.

It got down into the upper 40s here last night. It was 67F downstairs, so light built a small (gasp) PINE fire this morning in the Endeavor. I put some touch up paint on the stovetop about 3 weeks ago to cover the two water marks we got in our leak last November. I wanted to cure that paint a little before the real burning commences. Also, fires are fun and warm. But that had nothing to do with it. No sir. This was a purely technical fire. :coolgrin:

Why, I did the exact same thing, Pagey. Got to cure that paint.

madrone said:
Why, I did the exact same thing, Pagey. Got to cure that paint.

I strongly suspect I shall need one more of these "technical" fires soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.