A visit to my local HD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy205

Aug 14, 2008
Southern Maine
I went to my local home depot the other day looking for an englander 30 on sale, I ran into the manager and asked if the 30 was going to go on sale. He said in the northeast home depot doesn't consider wood stoves seasonal items anymore and no sales would apply on pellet or wood heat products, only customer returns would be discounted as they come in. So he finds me a returned 30 in the next aisle over and what a sight this stove was!! Price is marked 679.00!! Wait for it.. This stove has extensive damage and a manufacture date of 12/08, has a broken rear leg, inside flue entire baffle cracked, all firebrick in firebox are cracked in half, missing blower, no rear heat shield, and very rusty! I would have to put 300.00 into this piece of **** just to get it safe to burn. I know a lot about these stoves so I offered him 200.00 for it out the door, he refused. A few minutes later I see a whole pallet jack barrage headed for the stove so I said hey where u going with my stove guys?? Oh he says,the manager told us he wants it off the floor and taken out back. I think I was a little hard on the guy, but he told me to check on it in 4 weeks it will drop another 25%. I can't for the life of me figure how they let this stove be returned and the manager said he didn't know the circumstances either. So I had to take one more lick at the guy so I told him I'll just buy a 30 at full price burn it for 6 years and return it, he even got a chuckle out of that one. :)

The rear heat shield was missing? The thing is welded on!

Status
Not open for further replies.