A Whats it worth thread.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
I know some of you guys are saw nutz. I bought a ms440 magnum with a 28 inch bar. It is awesome but I think I like the 361 better. I just do not need the bigger saw! (Looking around not believing I just typed that!) Whats it worth in great condition?

How long have you had it & how often is it used? Is there a good chance it'll get a lot more in the future? If not,then perhaps you should sell it.

How much you want? Post a couple pics. May be in the market. A C

burntime said:
I know some of you guys are saw nutz. I bought a ms440 magnum with a 28 inch bar. It is awesome but I think I like the 361 better. I just do not need the bigger saw! (Looking around not believing I just typed that!) Whats it worth in great condition?

How old is it? Did you buy it new?

I bought it in like new condition and used it once. It is just too big for me. I have an insert and this thing is like sawmill big or for an outdoor wood burner. It prob has about 8-10 tanks thru it. The bar is barely worn. I checked ebay and it looks like 650-700. Thats about what I have in it so I listed it for sale on cl for $650 firm...

Put it in the classifieds seciot of arbiristsite...lots of saw nuts there would love to get a nice low hour 440.

If you can't get your money out of it, I would think long and hard before letting it go for less. 20% power gain for a pound and a half over the 361 is something I bet you would get used to ;-)

So should I put it up 100 bucks then? I think its a little over a grand new...

burntime said:
So should I put it up 100 bucks then? I think its a little over a grand new...

Yea I will take it for a 100.00 please! ;-) Pic would help but if its mint 550.00-625.00

I called a couple dealers and they all told me if its in good shape that 650 is a buy on the saw. I paid that much thinking I stole it so I will keep it on CL for 650...

burntime said:
I called a couple dealers and they all told me if its in good shape that 650 is a buy on the saw. I paid that much thinking I stole it so I will keep it on CL for 650...

Where are you located? Would help if you were looking for buyers from this site. I am looking to get a 660 Soon. But that would do the job too.

And to Smokin Jay, I will give Him $120.00 and Pay for the Shipping.... LOL

I am in the Milwaukee WI area...

DexterDay said:
burntime said:

Where are you located? Would help if you were looking for buyers from this site. I am looking to get a 660 Soon. But that would do the job too.

And to Smokin Jay, I will give Him $120.00 and Pay for the Shipping.... LOL

SamAmmmm what you want to give fer it! ;-) 121.50 and a case of beer....Pic's would help...Ebay on a mint 440 going to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.