A whimsical question for the moderators

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackfre

Burning Hunk
Oct 3, 2011
N CA
I just looked at one of my posts and found that I am a "Burning Chunk". Those who know me will gleefully fill in the "chunk of what", and given that they know me, I have to allow that I've probably earned their praise and/or opprobrium. This is kinda like Cub Scouts. What are the levels as your posts increase in number?

A quick look at other threads will show what everyone is.

Its a set # ehen you step up from firestarter... To burning chunk .... To, Well, I dont want to spoil it??? Keeps you guessing. The more you post. The more your "status" increases.

DexterDay said:
A quick look at other threads will show what everyone is.

Its a set # ehen you step up from firestarter... To burning chunk .... To, Well, I dont want to spoil it??? Keeps you guessing. The more you post. The more your "status" increases.

Exactamundo :)

Craig is the only one that knows what number of posts changes the thing. I wanted him to change mine to "blabbering old fool with too much time on his hands" when I got to fifteen thousand. Instead he made me a mod. :red:

Maybe he will do that for me when I reach 15,000?!

Dennis:

I think you may have just reached 14,999!

Backwoods Savage said:
Maybe he will do that for me when I reach 15,000?!

BS the posts have to be different so you lose what say 5k posts about properly seasoned wood. and another 2 k for the posts that have pics of your stacks.....

Shawn

But I gain it back by splitting the wood the right way.

Backwoods Savage said:

Thats right I forgot about the milk crate bonus !!!!! Moderator status right around the corner !!!

Shawn

Good Lord no!

Oh, sooner or later you'll be promoted to "Sputtering Secondaries", then "Coaling Oldie", then "Dying Ember", and finally "Cold Ash". Then you get tossed out into the woods. It's easy to rack up 15,000+ posts. The real challenge (which many simply ignore) is to rack up 15,000+ posts where each of them actually says something. %-P Rick

fossil said:
Oh, sooner or later you'll be promoted to "Sputtering Secondaries", then "Coaling Oldie", then "Dying Ember", and finally "Cold Ash". Then you get tossed out into the woods. It's easy to rack up 15,000+ posts. The real challenge (which many simply ignore) is to rack up 15,000+ posts where each of them actually says something. %-P Rick

I know. Out of 17,000 I think I only actually said anything of use in nine of them.

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

I know. Out of 17,000 I think I only actually said anything of use in nine of them.

:lol: (There, see, I can do it too.)

fossil said:
BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

:lol: (There, see, I can do it too.)

+1

:coolgrin:

It's kinda like running up a down escalator, too. If you pause, you'll notice your numbers going backwards as posts are arbitrarily deleted.

An interesting exercise: take your posts, multiply by five minutes (a randomly-chosen estimate of amount of time spent online per post), and divide by 60 minutes, then by 24 hours, then by 7 days, and you have the number of weeks of your life, round the clock, that you've spent on this site.

Okay, I'm going to leave now and see if I still have children and a job and friends and a house and animals . . .

snowleopard said:
...you'll notice your numbers going backwards as posts are arbitrarily deleted...

Oh no...not true. Any posts that are deleted are quite intentionally deleted. Nothing arbitrary about it. Rick

Backwoods Savage said:

I don't know about that . . .
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.