AAAA The first stove cooked breakfast for the Jotul F-50!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

I decided to cook eggs this morning on the new stove and what a treat! They tast like when I was growing up with a gas cook stove not that electric ick taste everything has now.

Attachments

• IMG_20120219_083211.jpg
    IMG_20120219_083211.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 441
Mmmmm...... shasty!

Pete my homemade maple syrup and some woodstove French toast would be great with them eggs!!!

Yes I bet they would be Scott ! We also had pure Michigan maple syrup and waffles with the eggs I would have made pancakes on the stove but waffles sounded good lol!

Got Tired of looking at my name! said:
I decided to cook eggs this morning on the new stove and what a treat! They tast like when I was growing up with a gas cook stove not that electric ick taste everything has now.
Electric taste? Is there such a thing?

not that electric ick taste everything has now.

Try putting a pan between your eggs and the electric element. Thats how I do it and I don't get any funny taste.

Jags said:
not that electric ick taste everything has now.

Try putting a pan between your eggs and the electric element. Thats how I do it and I don't get any funny taste.

Haha you guys crack me up! I do taste a difference but then that might just be me reminiscing lol.

Pete

Looks great Pete but the right burner is empty, bacon!

zap

So much of our taste and eating experience is directly from our nose. The smells associated with preparing breakfast have an impact on the flavor and I can assure you, there are different cooking smells made when using gas vs. electric. Especially propane.

Status
Not open for further replies.