Abbreviations Dictionary

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REF1

Feeling the Heat
Oct 13, 2009
South West, VA
Is there a thread or page with explanations of all the abbreviations used in the threads? I see lots of things I have no idea what is being stated.

I can't think of any specific threads with defined abbreviations . . .

Any specific question on abbreviations?

One I saw this morning was WOT. Alot of the times context helps to figure them out.

I guess I can just keep adding to this as I continue to see them.

Yea, WOT's an REF anyway? :)

WOT . . . just a guess here . . . Wide Open Throttle . . . might be in reference to running a chainsaw with the throttle fully engaged.

Franks said:
WTF stands for Wood The Fire. A term used in the old days when reloading the stove.

LOL, that's a polite way to say it!!

Usually... I just mean "What the frick?", or something similar.

-SF

SlyFerret said:
Franks said:
WTF stands for Wood The Fire. A term used in the old days when reloading the stove.

LOL, that's a polite way to say it!!

Usually... I just mean "What the frick?", or something similar.

-SF
Where's the fudge?

People just love coming up with new TLAs, just to confuse the rest of the folks.

REF1 said:
One I saw this morning was WOT. Alot of the times context helps to figure them out.

I guess I can just keep adding to this as I continue to see them.

WOT is closly related to WFO which means...umm... going real fast.

OMG, LOL, WTF! Okay.....have to say this - I'm NOT a fan of these things - I usually can't figure them out (which is why I don't like 'em)! Cheers!

oldspark said:
grommal said:
People just love coming up with new TLAs, just to confuse the rest of the folks.
WAYTA
WAITA? I'm talking about Three Letter Acronyms, of course!

CSD = cut, split, delivered

CSS = cut, split, stacked (I assume)

Context made these easy to figure out. If I can indefinitely edit this post I think I'll just keep adding to it. I still plead ignorance to some of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.