About 75 rounds today...still splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

2011-12-10144935.gif

[quote author="Backwoods" date="1323568014"]

Nice work Backwoods, get it done because the heavy rains could be coming.

zap

Backwoods,

Did you post these pics like this for a reason. I am just curious. Does it allow you to do the larger pictures like that? I need to learn more and more.

When I load 3 or 4 pictures I add one and then hit preview post, I think that is what it says at the bottom, then I add another and do that again, etc.

Oh, very cool pics by the way. Nice work with that wood. Nice to have that four wheeler.

Nice work BW, is that all locust?

I think you need a wagon!

pen

Good job,
Lets pick up the pace a bit, eh? LOL
ice looking splits :)
Tire may speed you up a bit, load 2 or 3 & no chasing the splits, less bending.

Attachments

• with-axe.jpg
    with-axe.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 443
  • 102_4213.jpg
    102_4213.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 469
75 rounds is a good day's work.

zapny said:
Backwoods said:
Nice work Backwoods, get it done because the heavy rains could be coming.

zap
no rain in the forecast as of this morning, but you never know. Looks good for the next 5 days here.

Gasifier said:
Backwoods,

Did you post these pics like this for a reason. I am just curious. Does it allow you to do the larger pictures like that? I need to learn more and more.

When I load 3 or 4 pictures I add one and then hit preview post, I think that is what it says at the bottom, then I add another and do that again, etc.

Oh, very cool pics by the way. Nice work with that wood. Nice to have that four wheeler.
i can only use my phone, and is alittle different than using a computer. I can only load 1 pix at a time.

pen said:
I think you need a wagon!

pen
i know, I have been looking on craigslist. My ol' lady goes back and forth w the loads. She needs the practice anyway...she don't mind

bogydave said:
Good job,
thats a fine idea...you volunteering to help?

Backwoods said:
bogydave said:
Good job,
thats a fine idea...you volunteering to help?

You bet :) Cheering section %-P
Man you swing a good maul; Wish I could work at your pace; Good one; Man your adding to the pile now; How can you keep going at such a steady pace; My back hurts just watching...!!!
Could be worse, you could be splitting spruce.
You are doing fine, just some friendly ribbing. Ibuprofen helps, take it before & after ;)

+1 on getting a small wagon . . . or fabbing something up . . . I know I use my ATV and wagon all the time when hauling out firewood . . . cannot imagine having to strap down on every load out.

I did about 20 or so but they were all 18-20" diameter red oak. Last one of the day yieded 20 splits.

Just a few more cords to go and I'm ready for the winter! Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.