About firewood dealers, I have this question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
raybonz said:
Aaron Pasteris said:
raybonz said:
firelite said:
I just got my first delivery of splits Sunday. Oak, maple and lots of cherry. Decent as far as that goes, but good grief, it's soaking wet. I realize the impossibility of him covering it (makes me want to go to his place and cover it myself) but that's what bothers me the most. I run a dutchwest and it LOVES dry wood.

Hi Ray, you know any reputable wood dealers around us? I'm sort of at wits end with mine. The price is good but the quality suffers.

Actually yes but it will not be seasoned wood but then again 99% of delivered wood will not be seasoned.. I don't know his current price but he is a good guy.. He is out of Taunton next to Rehobeth.. Tell Ray that Ray from Carver sent you.. He may have Ash which is the driest of green woods if you're in a bind..

Ray

Ray Walsh
1-508-360-8668

Hmm....
I'm in Taunton next to Rehoboth, need to check the stacks.... ;-P

Like I said give Ray a call, nice guy and if you find yourself short he will make it up.. Fair guy and you pay as he delivers, one cord at a time in a dump truck.. Let him know Ray from Carver sent you..

Ray

I'm 1.5 miles north of 44 by the auto auction (and Willies bar) - almost in Rehoboth also

Was a 'tongue in cheek' comment that if someone was that close selling seasoned cords this late I might need to count my six cords...

Don't doubt for a minute that there are honest guys around but fortunately for me, I've found a large amount of free wood because I'm willing to burn pine

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.