About three cord cut today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Went to town on the pile again today and got through about three more cords.....have a picture, but it is quite a bummer that I cannot post from my iPad to this site......hoping to do another cord or two tomorrow, but will have to see how I feel in the morning.

3 cords in a day I can tell you how I would feel! Miller Time.......Sunday I would sleep in,;)

Reactions: ScotO
It isn't too hardto do when it's a grapple load. Just roll it down and walk the line....should have had some Johnny Cash playing in the old earmuffs now that I think of it...

Reactions: ScotO
Enjoy that when you can Remkel. I used to do that pretty regular, in fact, used to work in the woods. However, time and injuries sometimes tend to change things a bit. Like today. I decided to finally get started splitting. I have a hydraulic splitter but after only about 1/2 hour had to call it quits because of severe back pain. Of course, wrestling those bit pin oak logs can tax one a bit.

I can relate to that, Dennis. Wanted to have everything done over a month ago but I too have chronic back issues. Today was a good day so I kept on going. Tomorrow could be a different story.

Luckily, the whole load is maple, easy cutting and not too heavy to throw around, although there a a few lengths in there that I am having to be creative with the new 18" bar. Saw is performing so much betTer after dropping down from the 20".

Sounds like a real good day Remi - turned out to be a great afternoon to work outdoors. Cheers! Jacques

Status
Not open for further replies.