About to christen my new Quadra Fire Santa Fe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKNJ

Sep 14, 2007
But I dont know if it will run without a thermostat wire. I installed a thermostat and ran the wire, but came up about a foot short of connecting it to the stove, gotta fix that this weekend. I figured in the meantime, no bother, I'll get it running without it, then shut it down after a few minutes on this chilly night in SE New York. Looking at the manual, is this even possible? Seems like you need a thermostat for the stove to call for heat. Anyone have any experience with this?

fyi stove history: I had a 2003 Whitfield Profile 20 that ran ok for 4 years until I started having problems with it - kept shutting down or dropping into fault. I replaced most of the suspect parts, had a local tech look at it, but still didnt work properly. Decided to take the plunge this year and buy a new one, sold the Whitfield for $200 as a Handyman special.

Find the two posts on the stove where the stat wires would normally connect. connect them together with a short piece of wire. This will call for heat. All the thermostat does is open and close that circuit.

DKNJ, don't forget....once it's installed and running, we need to see pics, or it really didn't happen!. :cheese:

Congratulations and welcome to the family!

Mark :)

Look in your manual and you will see a terminal strip that has four connections. short the two center ones together to call for heat

I'm running my SF with the thermostat and it runs fine. The thermostat is a good 20 feet from the stove. During power outage last winter, jumped the thermostat terminals, ran on low with an inverter and big gel cell batt. Disconnected the ignitor. Ran a good 10 hrs on one batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.