About WIRING a thermostat...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucky

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Another stupid newbie question...

I ran power cable to my Mendota, and am now running the wire for the t-stat (and future remote control pickup). Is there any danger to running the t-stat wire right next to the power cable as far as the power wire sending false signals to the t-stat wire? It would be so easy to run both cables thru the same access holes in my framing, but I'm concerned that the t-stat wire may pickup interference from the power supply.

Should I not worry about this?

Thanks,
Bucky

T-Stat is not much more than an on/off switch and would not produce or send an inductive signal to the blower or whatever it is controlling. So the answer is no the power wire should not effect the operation and if you still are uncomfortable with it just use twisted pair to the T-stat but not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.