Above 50 deg, Light Rain and Fog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbreda

Minister of Fire
Aug 3, 2009
Lakes Region, NH
Snow eating conditions at its best !!!!! Front roof is clear, back roof still has some on the flat dormer, but ice dam is gone for now and so is alot of the snow on the back roof.

Lost about 30 percent of snow in the past 2 days and giving the stove its first rest in months. Been off since about 10 AM when the outside was almost as warm as the basement. Quick firebox vac (deep clean last Tuesday night including venting). Probably firing up again later tonight.

26 °F here with a foot of snow coming...

I feel for ya chris. I got a foot and a half last weekend in 2 storms Friday and then Sat night.
Keeping fingers and toes crossed on the changeover to snow staying north of here this time............so far its looking good.

Warm air might be here for only 2 days, but I'll take what I can get towards Spring right now.

Was up to 56 °F here today, and with all the rain, 90% of the snow from the winter is gone. If it stays that way from now on, I and my sore back will be VERY happy!

imacman said:
Was up to 56 °F here today, and with all the rain, 90% of the snow from the winter is gone. If it stays that way from now on, I and my sore back will be VERY happy!

My back can identify!!

We still have complete ground cover with no less than 12" in any area. Some areas still have 2ft. Got a loooong way to go, but it's a start. :)

We had an actual dusting of snow last night. It was so light I wasn't sure, this morning, whether it was snow or frost on the ground. Other than that we are in that part of the spring when we have to slog through mud almost up to our ankles, makes driving almost like slippery ice. Most of the snow has melted in our above freezing daytime temps so it won't be long before the ground firms up.

Almost the whole state of CT is on a flood watch with all the rain and fast snow melt. Roads closed and flooded basements seem to be the hot topic at work today!

I am sure MN isn't done with us just yet. Up north has snow coming down.

Stove off since sunday, tried to light this morn, lazy flame and no pellet drop, time to clean her out again!!!

j-takeman said:
Almost the whole state of CT is on a flood watch with all the rain and fast snow melt. Roads closed and flooded basements seem to be the hot topic at work today!

I am sure MN isn't done with us just yet. Up north has snow coming down.

I think this time, the existing snow pack helped out by catching some of last night's rain. We have had a good amount of melt off but there is still plenty left. Ponding on some roads and watching some rivers for possible ice dams since they are still frozen over, but so far no real emergencies.

A co-worker that has had basement water in the past has had none from this one yet. BUT he has a chipmunk issue in the basement: THAT's a sign of Spring; also a sign that he needs a cat again :cheese:

And yeah, I'm sure MN has a few left up her sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.