Absolute 63 Fire Brick Support

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bikeguy0

Oct 9, 2020
Colorado
Anyone with an Absolute 63 can you take a picture of your fire brick support? I bought a floor model and it didn't come with one. They ordered it for me and I can't get it installed with the bricks without the support falling down. Basically the larger piece is held in by 3 tabs at the top of the stove, then the smaller slotted piece sits on top of the fire bricks and also has 3 little tabs that slot into the larger piece.

When I install all of this the large steel piece just slides down behind the fire brick and it just won't stay in place. I'm trying to figure out if we have the wrong size of fire brick or if there is something I'm doing wrong here. The fire bricks are supposed to be 9"x4.5"x1.25". Mine all measure exact except they are only 8 7/8" tall, not 9". I don't now if that might be the issue and see a few photos of someone else's install would be greatly appreciated. All the photos I can find are of one with a fire going or videos from harman of cleaning the burn pot.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.JPEG
    IMG_1028.JPEG
    153.2 KB · Views: 245
Well. It looks like I figured out the answer. The two pieces you see in my photo are welded together from the factory when you receive your stove. So that is why mine keeps falling down. I'm going to have to take it to a welder for them to tack weld it together.