Accentra 2 - Status light blinks 3 times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billyboy1284

May 11, 2011
Eastern PA
hey I'm Bill,
I was hoping someone is able to help me with my pellet stove issue. My Harman Accentra 2 does not feed, blows on full speed constantly and the status light blinks 3 times. I replaced previously the circuit board and auger motor in the last two years. From what I've read on the net, it seems that a faulty ESP probe is a possibility. Any help would be appreciated. thank you.

3 Blinks: Indicates that the ESP (Exhaust Sensing
Probe) has gone out of range too many times. If
the unit seems to be operating correctly, perform
a manual reset*

this can be caused by dirty vent/heat exchange or by an ESP... make sure its the former 2 before you try the latter... if you can't get a fire goin (like it won't even ignite) then it's probably an esp problem... keep in mind, if you have broken/frayed or otherwise dislodged/disconnected the esp from it's wiring, connection or physical member, then it will do this to you as a default.

i cant get it to ignite anymore and when i did get it to fire up it would not shut off. like i said i replaced the circuit board not that long ago because someone told me to try that first. is a manual reset as simple as unplugging the stove or is it more involved? thanks for ur reply summit

did this start (the 3 blinks) immediately after changing the board? or did it run ok for a while and then start up with the 3 blinks?

changing the circuit board could be the culprit... if the #5 dipswitch is not set for the correct ESP type, it will automatically read a max out temp of 500 deg and will just run the fans constantly trying to cool down.

summit said:
changing the circuit board could be the culprit... if the #5 dipswitch is not set for the correct ESP type, it will automatically read a max out temp of 500 deg and will just run the fans constantly trying to cool down.

thats what I was thinkin, or loose connection at the board when the swap happened....alas, no response.

he musta figured it out....

i had the status light blinking 3 times before the circuit board was replaced. the status was still blinking after the board was replaced. is there a way i can set the dipswitch to the correct ESP setting thinking that a bad old circuit board was what caused the ESP dipswitch problem then me replacing the board with a new one did nothing for the ESP setting.

Unplug the unit and remove the control board. Pry it loose on the back side from the four mounting posts and look at the back for DIP switch #5 Whatever position it is in, move it to the other, reinstall and try it up. My guess is the ESP is failing, but you never know till you eliminate it as a potential problem. Good luck.

ok i will try it but i dont know where it is located or how to get to it. are they labelled or do i have to know where the #5 dip switch is located. thanks

once you're lookin at the back of the board, the dip switches are across the top (or bottom depending on the unit) all together in a red rectangle (lil white switches). They all are numbered, though very very tiny numbers. No stress, easier than it sounds on the internet.

IT WORKS !!!! now is it ok or do i have to replace the esp probe? or was it the circuit board the whole time. its so nice that i posted this i wouldnt have been pulling my hair out. thanks guys

Good Call, That's why I come here before calling my dealer

billyboy1284 said:
IT WORKS !!!! now is it ok or do i have to replace the esp probe? or was it the circuit board the whole time. its so nice that i posted this i wouldnt have been pulling my hair out. thanks guys

You should be good to go from here. If the stove is now operating correctly then you wont have to replace the ESP. The one thing I would highly suggest would be to, if you have not already, put in a surge protector. Glad to hear you got it up and running.

CJ-SR4ever said:
billyboy1284 said:

You should be good to go from here. If the stove is now operating correctly then you wont have to replace the ESP. The one thing I would highly suggest would be to, if you have not already, put in a surge protector. Glad to hear you got it up and running.

I agree with my foreign counterpart...surge protector. It is very nice.

Reactions: Plate licker
Status
Not open for further replies.